Our priority is NHS work. Non-NHS work is charged in line with British Medical Association Guidelines.
Some insurance forms can appear deceptively simple but need a full examination for their completion. Examinations of this nature take time and, therefore, a fee has to be charged.
A special appointment will be required and the fee payable at the time of the appointment. Please advise the reception staff at the time of booking. It is extremely helpful if the form can be left at the surgery prior to your appointment.
Pre-employment, HGV and PSV licenses are not paid for by the NHS.
Cancellation of Holiday
Holiday cancellation insurance does not require a doctor’s letter. It needs an official claim form obtained from your insurers (part of which you need to complete). If the doctor is asked to sign the form, it will be checked and completed as appropriate. There is a fee for this.
The following are charges for services that are not covered by the General Medical Services contract and have to be paid as a private service. Please contact Reception who will be able to advise you of the charge.
- HGV/ PSV/ TAXI Medical & report - Please note any tests associated with the medical will be charged separately.
- Other Medicals - Please note any tests associated with the medical will be charged separately.
- Certificate of incapacity to work (i.e. Mortgage form)
- Diet Medical Form
- Driving Licence Form
- Food Hygiene
- Hepatitis B
- Passport application - the decision to offer this service is at the doctor's discretion.
- Private prescriptions e.g. Malaria
- Private Sick Certificate
- Travel Cancellation Form/ Fitness to travel
- Travel Vaccinations not covered by NHS
Hepatitis B for Patients Registered With Another Practice
Download form here